Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WIP Wednesday

Happy WIP Wednesday to all!

Please click the button at the bottom of my post to be taken to Everyday Crochet and post your own WIP post....or look through and see what others are up to.  It's a lot of fun.

Remember, your WIP (work in progress) doesn't have to be crafting.  It can be a novel you are writing, gardening, home make-overs etc as well.

I think the 3rd time might be a charm on actually completing a toothbrush rug.  I figured out, I think, that I was making my stitcehs too tight, and that was causing the bowing.  I ended up trying to starch the last one down.  I left it small and it's out for the granddaughters to use to play dolls with.  I plan on finishing the color I am on on this current one, adding 2 other colors that I have out and going from there on the size.  Realistically to make it more of a real rug size I think I will end up having to find at least 2 other colors in my t-shirt stash
.


Hey...look at me....at least I've started putting on the second color on the prayer shawl.


Another WIP for me, that is not craft related, is reading a book.  I've rec'd Hidden Truths from Brenda Youngerman to read and review.  I will also be doing a giveaway of it on my blog along with my review.  It's certainly a good book so far!

Until next week, have a good one, and keep on working.



7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more of that shawl. The colors are very pretty.

    Thanks for popping in on WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is looking really good. I love yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried using anything other than yarn to crochet for years but your rug is really great looking. Do you find it hurts your hands after a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rug is so pretty, as is the prayer shawl. Can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rug is amazing. The vibrant colors are wonderful. I have to try something like this. The shawl is going to be beautiful. Such happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I visit you I feel like I should take up crocheting again. I seemed to have lost all time for such things when I bought a computer, ha!

    I sent you a private email m'dear!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be great! I added your button to my blog and would love if you could do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...