Wednesday, May 2, 2018

WIP Wednesday -- Retreat

I want to start by saying that I won't be posting next Wednesday.  I will be gone on a bus trip with my quilt guild to Lincoln, NE to the National Quilt Museum.  We are doing a mini shop hop on the trip as well, stopping at 3 shops along the way.  My plan is to take my hexagons to work on for the trip.

The retreat was great as always.  I only took the one project to work on, other than making the President's block for guild.
I had thrown in a bag of fabrics left over from another project as well. 
I did make the President's block first, then I took that bag of fabric and did some cutting.

You can see the block in the picture as well as cutting for fabric for making the double towel scarves, strips for a toothbrush rug, 10 inch squares for microwave cozies, and 5 inch squares for future projects.


I really did spend the rest of the retreat time working on my string block quilt.  This is how far I got.  I found that I still need to make 2 purple string blocks before adding anymore to the quilt.  Hopefully I can get that done in the next 2 weeks before I post again!


As far as the rest of the week,  aside from working some in organizing my craft room (very little done), I only worked on making the plastic canvas jingle bell blocks.   I decided that I wanted to make the sets I sell in my Etsy shop a set of 3 instead of 2. 



Looks like that's it for this week.  Happy Sewing and Crafting!

I do link up with the following blogs:

WIPs on Wednesdays

Jo's Country Junction:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/





KatieMae Quilts for BOM weekly linky.  https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...