Friday, May 11, 2018

Frugal Friday With Marsha -- Bus Trip and Freebies


Welcome to Friday!

This week I was gone 2 days on a bus trip to Lincoln, NE with my quilt guild.  What fun! 
The trip itself cost $135, which included the bus, tour price at the Quilt study museum, and our motel room.
I took $40, which was to cover my shopping at 3 quilt shops on the way and pay for 2 meals.  (Go ahead, laugh now)  Yes, I was dreaming that $40 would be enough.  Ok, it would have been plenty if I stuck to my small list of 4 things that I was looking for that I needed.  But, how do you pass up good deals on other things that you can use or need??

I ended up spending a total of $35.32 total at the 3 quilt shops and 1 variety store.
I will talk about what I bought after the picture.


My original list included a Frixion pen because mine quit working, Insul-brite for hotpads (which I didn't find), a black, white and yellow fat quarter for my Sodoku quilt, and a yard of back ground fabric for a Zip quilt I just started( I found the back ground fabric on clearance for 50% off!!).

In addition I found a yard of kitchen print 40% off that will make 4 of the double towel scarves, flannel pieces that will help me get further on my rag quilts, netting for crocheting dish scrubbies, a fat quarter to match another towel I had for a double towel scarf, some cute Maxine iron ons, and a gingerbread cookie cutter candle that I will use for a gift (it was just 50 cents!)

The first shop gave us a free lip balm, the second shop had bottled water and cookies for us, and the 3rd shop gave us a nice 6 inch ruler. 

I am thrilled with what I was able to purchase and the prices that I got too!


Speaking of freebies......I wrote last week that I was going to start sending for freebies in the mail again.  I got my first freebie in the mail today--Breathe Right strips.    I will share another list of freebies for you to check out today, but first, let's lookat at the Kroger Friday Freebie.

Today's it's chocolate, so be sure to add it to your card!!

Free Lindt Lindor Stick for Kroger & Affiliates


And here are some freebies to check out for this week:

Free Grow Up Healthy! Growth Chart

Free Sample of FloraTummys Probiotic for Kids or Adults

Free Black & Mild Cigar Tube

Free Poise Light Leaks Sample Pack

Free Subscription to Food Network Magazine

Free Subscription to Road & Track Magazine

Free Learn the Signs Act Early Growth Chart

Free Sample of Te Mana Tahiti Skincare

Free Sample of Harvey Dryman Manbutter




Don't forget to link up too!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...