Wednesday, August 2, 2017

WIP Wednesday -- Quilt Retreat Report

I sure do love the quilt retreats.  I love how I get more sewing done in 2 (or 3) days than what I usually get done in a month.
I always come home and just want to keep on sewing, but life just doesn't allow me that  LOL

What to start with----I worked on several things, but only finished one little thing.  I guess that's a good starting place.

I wanted to see just how easy it was to make the composition notebook cover as I want to make those my Christmas gifts this year.  It was really easy, and here is the one that I finished.


5 years ago I had my daughter buy me the Braid in a Day Pattern with template when Pat Knoechel (Eleanor Burns' sister) was at our guild.   I had won a Moda Sweet Roll pack in a blog giveaway, so put it in the project bag with the pattern.   I finally pulled that down and took it to the retreat as one lady in our guild is a certified Quilt In A Day teacher and told me she would help me if needed.

Now that I know how to do the braids, I really look forward to doing more.  These are with the 1.5 inch jelly rolls instead of the 2.5 inch, and I plan to make 2 into a baby blanket and the 3rd one into a table runner.


I didn't get around to getting out my blue scraps, but I did take along my green string blocks and finished those up.  I still need to get to the blue before I start putting these together.


I brought along my flannel pieces and cut what I could from them as well as sewed some of them together---together as the 2 together, ready to start sewing rows.  I still don't have enough of either for a full blanket of either size so I will be on the lookout for more flannel when I am out and about.


I worked on adding yo-yo's to the first valance.  I have just 3 more rows to put on to finish the first one.  I'm back to making the yo-yo's for now, and dividing them into bags to ensure that I have some of every fabric in all 3 items.  I really need to work daily on these if I expect to have them done in time.



I feel very blessed to have won so many things at the retreat.  In the silent auction I won 4 rolls of wrapping paper, and the 4 charm packs that were in the basket.  The other small things were in a basket for everyone to take something free.  I was sent home with everything that was left in the basket.   I never won a single game of Left Center Right that we played with the 2.5 inch strips, but I was sent home with all of the strips that were left after we were done playing the game. (oops!  The strips aren't in my picture either, but there is a very large stack of those that I plan to use most of making more braids)

I also won another door prize on Sunday that I forgot to take a picture of.  It's a roll of 100% cotton batting and a bag of supplies that include quilt pins, pencils, chalk lines and a chalk marker.  I'm super excited about the batting because it means I can get back to making the microwave hotpads again.


The next retreat I get to go to is at the end of October, and I can't wait!


I link up with the following blogs:
WIPs on Wednesdays

Jo's Country Junction:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...