Friday, August 11, 2017

Frugal Friday With Marsha -- Week in Review



I still plan to share printable coupons, freebies, sweepstakes etc, but I want to get back to my Frugal Friday posts being about frugal things that I am doing (or want to do).

This week I want to start out talking about re-purposing t-shirts.  Many of you already know that I use them to make rugs and then use the tops of the t-shirts to cut into re-usable rags.

I needed to deep clean in the kitchen and realized that I had no rags under the sink!  I went to my craft room and pulled out the pile of t-shirts that I had gotten at a rummage sale for $1 for the bag.    I was going to only cut up a couple of them, but then decided why not just cut the whole pile.

I have rolls to make rugs with (that I shared in my WIP Wednesday post), but I also now have this basket full in the utility room.  Should be enough to keep up going in rags for some time.



I think I've mentioned briefly that my middle daughter made us all homemade deodorant.   I sure do love using it!  She made it for us the 4th of July and as you can see in the picture, I still have a few months of use left out of the container she made for me.


I've been anxious to make some myself ever since she gave it to us, but there is no hurry since I have at least a couple more months of use of what she gave me.

You can search homemade deodorant recipes and find lots of them online.  (Be sure to use Swagbucks, MyPoints, or Inboxdollars for your searches so that you are also earning for your searches!)
Basic ingredients are corn starch, baking soda, coconut oil and essential oil of your choice.

This stuff is great, and it really works.  It does take your body a few weeks to adjust to it, and you may not like that you still seems to sweat through, but that stops!   I made the mistake of not having it with me while at my daughters and got out my other deodorant from my bag.  I felt icky and sticky in my underarms all day and didn't like it one bit!

If you have Aldi in your area, I suggest buying the coconut oil. baking soda and corn starch there.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...