Friday, April 1, 2016

Frugal Friday with Marsha --More on Menu Planning


Last week I wrote about my daughter making up a menu plan, then shopping for all of the foods on the plan.
This week I went down and made a list of all the foods in the deep freeze and I meal planned from there.

Interestingly enough, this morning when I opened my kindle app to do some reading in one of the books I've shared with you before, I seen a title on the bottom row that interested me enough to click on it.  The ebook costs $2.99, but I downloaded the sample to read.

It's called Six Dollar Family and it's by Stacy Barr and is how she went from being a homeless mom with $6 in her pocket to where she is now.  
I want the whole book, but being my thrifty self, I don't like to spend more than 99 cents for an ebook.  I will highlight it at the bottom of this post for anyone interested.

In just the sample that I downloaded, she talks about the difference between a thrifty person and a frugal person, yes, including meal planning.  I want to share those 2 excerpts with you today:

"The thrifty person may know what tomorrow's dinner is, but they don't plan their meals or their grocery shopping.  Instead, they often wing it with boxed or packaged meals they picked up on sale, wander through the store buying "what looks good" and often give in to wasteful impulse buys."

"A frugal person menu plans regularly using what they already have in their home first and grocery shopping second.  They often cook meals from scratch and know the "true" cost of boxed meals doesn't always mean just a monetary value."

I fall in the frugal category here, and is exactly what I've done this week----and hope to continue to do. Once the stock of what we have on hand goes down, we can go from there, shopping the sales only on meats and other foods.  I just need to stick with it and give the grocery lists to my daughter.

Stacy Barr has a blog as well that I have checked out this morning.  I see so many posts I can't wait to read and I'm sure you will too.  Check it out!!  Six Dollar Family   From there you can also follow her on on the social media as well.

Here is the link to her book on amazon.  I encourage you, if nothing else to do as I did, and download the sample.  I'm getting a lot out of what I am reading.  So much, in fact, that I'm sure I will go ahead and buy the entire ebook.  On the amazon page where it says customers who bought this also bought these, I see 3 more ebooks right there that I want!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...