Friday, November 7, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 11/7/14--Crafts as Gifts Continued

Welcome to Friday.  I'm off to a quilt retreat for the day as well as all day tomorrow.
Is that frugal?  I guess it depends on how you look at it.  It's local, hosted by the quilt shop.  They are calling it a no frills retreat, which means they are not catering meals in for us.  That means it did cost considerably less than the last one they held.   I have some TV dinners to take along, however, I also have cash on hand in case others are sending out for something that sounds really good.
I have 7 or 8 different projects packed to work on, including some for gifts this year.

I will share a few more of the gifts that I have given as gifts in the past again this week.


This is a lined fabric bag that I made for my middle daughter, Heather.  I had learned about making the lined bags by making walker bags.  I messed up and the pockets ended up on the outside.  I wasn't about to take it apart, so it stayed that way.

Here are more fabric bags that I made.  These were before I learned how to make them lined, but also before I learned about doing the French seams as well.  One was for my nephew, one for my niece, and 2 for grandsons.  I put their gifts inside the bags.


I had run across a panel that was to make a bug book.  I chose to take the pages and line them up as a quilt top instead.  It was given to my grandson Cash as he hadn't gotten a quilt from me yet.
I have Christmas book panels now that are packed to work on this weekend.  I will be making those into quilts instead of books as well.

I look forward to sharing more gifts with you next week and also look forward to anything you would like to share with me as well.





2 comments:

  1. That is really a practical way to use panels, either for a book or decorative ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making bags for gifts is on my to do list. Yours are pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...