Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WIP Wednesday 10/8/14

I think I have been pretty productive this week in my sewing  :)
I will keep saying that I hope I can keep this up.  If so, I will really start to get things done.

Let's start out with the sewalong with Terry's Treasures.  (See button on the right)  It's a Charming Stars quilt.  I am using from my stash to make it.
We are to make 4 blocks a month, so here are my 4 for September.  I do have all of my fabrics cut and I have all of the star point squares sewn as well.





I have worked more on the doll blanket, pillow and rug sets that I am making.  I came to a stand still as I need to get the boxes that I want to make into the beds.   I need to make a bed to know for sure the size of the blankets.




This month with the soscrappy blog the challenge colors are brown, black and gray.  This picture is most of my hexagons in those colors.  I will be working here and there on my hexagons throughout the month getting as many of those colors done around working on other projects. (See button at the bottom of my post)

Lastly, I am working on finishing up the 34 hotpads.  Most of these will be used for Christmas gifts.
I had planned to take these to sit n' sew this Friday like I have the past few months at the quilt shop, but then decided that I want to take all my lined bags and get as many of those made as possible instead.   Some of the lined bags will also be used for Christmas.




Christmas is right around the corner!!   I've started highlighting crafts that I have made as gifts in my Frugal Friday blog posts now.  How fun!

This is m UFO list, but not everything that I am working on is included in the list.

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
34 Hot Pads (8 done)
Christmas bags (total of at least 25) (2 done)
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug


I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Soscrppy

2 comments:

  1. I so want to learn how to quilt. I'd have to do it by hand however as I hate using a sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am tired after reading. Love the star quilt and all those pretty dark hexagon parts are making me drool. Love them. I really should go cut mine out so I can start sewing them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...