Friday, October 10, 2014

Frugal Friday with Marsha 10/10/14 --Crafts as Gifts Part 2

Sharing a few more of the gifts that I have made in the past.


Years ago I learned how to crochet with plastic grocery bags.  Each of the granddaughters then got a Barbie dress made out of grocery sacks.   They are cute, but a little see through  LOL     I actually wouldn't mind making more of these, but I will figure out how to put maybe a different colored bag inside as a lining!

I used to really make a lot of things with plastic canvas.  I rarely made sets like this Barbie patio set that you see, but it is just too darn cute!  I gave this to my granddaughter, Ariel, for her birthday a few years back.  Just looking at the picture makes me want to get into my plastic canvas stash and start making again.

When I made dresses for the girls' Barbies I needed to think of something to make for the boys.
I actually won the purple pillow in a giveaway at an online party, which gave me the idea to make the brown one.
This was before I owned a sewing machine, but pillows are one of the easiest things to make.  I actually stuffed these with filling.  It is better to use a pillow form.   I have been fortunate as of late to find pillow forms at yard sales.  They aren't too cheap to buy them at the store, which makes the pillow too expensive for me to make.

Last, but not least, sharing again something I made before owning a sewing machine, is this table runner that I hand sewed to give my boyfriend (now husband) for Christmas.
We still have this.  It's on the entertainment center with the TV and sound bar sitting on it. 
It's a good feeling to see something that I made still in use.

Will you be making any crafts for gifts this year?  I am in the middle of making quite a few things right now, that eventually I will share once I get through the older gifts.
Don't forget to check out my Homemade linky page here on my blog...find cool crafts to make, or add links to your own.


Since I now want to look in to doing more plastic canvas, here are a few products, including a book that I have put in my wishlist to purchase!









2 comments:

  1. You are quite talented. That plastic canvas set is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barbie dress is cute. It could be a cover for a swimsuit, then it wouldn't matter if it were see through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...