Friday, June 27, 2014

Frugal Friday With Marsha 6/27/14



Last Friday I was at my quilt retreat having a blast sewing away and socializing with other quilters. Also eating good food.
Speaking of that food, one meal we had catered in there was lots of food left over. They said for us all to bring containers from home the next day.
It was a good thing. I ended up being able to serve myself, hubby and daughter smothered steak, scalloped potatoes, green beans and dinner rolls for supper after coming home Saturday evening.
Can't beat free food on the frugal side.

One gal sent me home with the rest of the box of Nilla Wafers she had brought to share and another gal sent me home with the rest of the bag of Twizzlers that she had brought. Free snacks too.

I can't really say that otherwise this last week has been too awfully frugal on my part.
I've been away from home a lot for various reasons.
I think I only did one load of laundry this week, which hung on the line to dry. That was in between rain.

The rain has been great this past week, saving on our water bill not having to water the garden.
Speaking of the garden, we did finally get 1 red tomato and we ate a few strawberries. I need to go harvest more of the lettuce.
I will be taking a couple of the onions to my daughter. I need to check if any cucumbers are growing yet.
The plants that I bought that had a label saying there were bell peppers, aren't. Instead they are some other type of pepper, I am guessing jalapeno.
I picked quite a few snap peas. I think they are done now though. If I can remember where I put the seeds I will plant more.

I've been doing a lot of redeeming this month both on the computer and with the apps on my phone. I think I will try to include reports of that monthly, starting next Friday.

I hope I have a lot more frugal living to report next Friday. Until then, I do hope you will share posts this week and motivate me!

Thanks!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...