Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday 2/26/14--Upcoming Retreat

I didn't get in a whole lot of sewing this past week. I was more concerned to get things ready for the retreat that is coming up this weekend.
It's hosted by the local quilt shop. I can't wait as it will be my first one.
It's in town at the state fair grounds, so I will come home late Friday night to sleep then head back out early Saturday morning.

I finished the parts of the log cabin blocks that I pictured last week. I then cut more strips of fabric and packed that up into a bag. I am in hopes of finishing up the blocks this weekend, but I know that's probably not going to happen.
I also packed up a table runner to finish, my hexagons, and my yo-yo's. I am taking the other things to take breaks from working just on the log cabin blocks.

I did work on my hexagons last Wednesday afternoon at my Needlers group. I actually worked on them some more at the quilt guild meeting on Monday, but here is the progress as of last Wednesday:

Monday at quilt guild, Lynne Hagmeier, Kansas Troubles Designer did a mini table treat workshop with us.
I chose to do the Spoolin' Around.  This is how far I got in the 3 hour workshop.   I do also have this packed up to take to the retreat.  I've never done binding on a circle so will have plenty of people at the retreat to help me if I run in to problems.

I also did finish the rainbow colored toothbrush rug.  I haven't gotten it listed in my etsy shop yet, but I need to get that done!

Here are my UFO and NewFO lists.   I've added the Spoolin' Around to the UFO list.

UFO's:
Log Cabin quilt
2 Log Cabin wall hangings
Rectangle quilt
2 rectangle table runners
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Quilt for sewing club at church
 (Finished) Applique Bunnies quilt
 (Finished) Penny Patch Quilt
Yo-Yo Table runner
Hexagon table topper
Spoolin' Around

NewFO's
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Christmas bags (total of at least 25)

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...