Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIP Wednesday 5/22/13

I skipped posting last week.  I just didn't feel like I had made enough progress to post.
I did finish making all of those plastic canvas coasters (61 in all):
I then spent a few days working on making dish scrubbies.  I plan on setting up at the monthly flea market on June 2.  I'm working to fill my jar of scrubbies for sale.   I stopped on those and started working on a toothbrush rug.  It's been awhile since I've made one and they are fun.  This one is made in brighter colored material that I've been saving in a box.  I finally felt like I had enough strips in my box to complete a rug.  This is what it looks like so far, and I am loving the bright colors!
Last week I attended the Needlers group at the quilt shop and worked again on my applique bunnies.  I only get a bit done in those 2 or 3 hours, so not worthy of a photo each time.  However, I should be meeting with my stitch group monthly now too and progress further on those.
The Friday before was Sit n' Sew at the quilt shop.  I hadn't worked on on these blocks with the rectangles for a time.  I had 20 blocks made and I made 20 more that Friday night.  As of right now I doubt I will work on these except this once a month.  Looking at the box I'm sure I can make at least another 20 blocks.  I will make as many as I can and then decide what all I can make with them.
Last but not least, I worked more on the birthday pillowcases.   I have just the one completely done, and it's for Skyler, who has the first birthday on May 29.  I have 9 more to complete and all they need to be completed is that I am zig-zagging around the names.  The next 2 birthdays are June 1 and June 5, so those 2 are up next to finish.  Won't take me long to finish them all.




My days have been so crazy.....I don't really see that slowing down any with all the things I do outside the home as well as trying to keep up the home (which I am sucking at right now) and all the things that I  do on the computer.
I really need a schedule, even for days that I am away from home most all day!

Until next week, I am linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




 

4 comments:

  1. I love the coasters and the rug. I wish I were that crafty! My craft skills are limited to stapling and painting things lol. By the way, I'm visiting over from Bubblews. My username on there is Sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are being very productive it looks like. I have never hear of a toothbrush rug. I think I might like to try that sometime. You will have to post how to make one! You are very creative!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some weeks I get so much done, and then there are weeks like this that I feel I've got nothing done. You've got some really cool creations here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about trying to keep up with things around the home, a endless job with gardening, keeping dust down, and dish washing. I sell once a month at a Farmer's Market and the week before I am hardly doing anything else, but working on the items for the display table.

    The day at the market is always a mixed success. Sometimes I only make about $30, if I go to $75+ I feel I made an okay day. I still enjoy doing it and creating the items, so it is something I am going to continue to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...