Thursday, April 19, 2012
Good Thursday morning! It's that time of the week to share some squidoo love.
I've still been updating---a lot. Ok, a lot for me is probably nothing to others, but I am slowly working through my messy record book. As I update a lens it's going into my new notebook where I am keeping the lenses in alphabetical order.
I have the front page in my notebook a list of ways to update lenses. This list keeps growing. I started the list by using Virginia Allains lens: Easy Updates for Squidoo Lenses
Here is my list so far. If you have any other things for me to add to the list, please comment and let me know!
1. Add a charity to give 10% to
2. change theme background
3. Intro--change the title, make sure photo has a file name, first sentence contains key words, make sure the intro is long enough.
4. Make sure 6 of my own lenses are in the discovery section.
5. Make sure the table of contents is turned on, or use the table of contents module.
6. Use lots of photos, graphics, zazzle products related to the lens.
7. Sign back up for allposters and get some related posters thrown in
8. Use html for back grounds and borders in modules.
9. amazon spotlight in the sidebar
10. add countdowns to appropriate lenses or update the ones already there.
11. add polls, quizes, duels and/or predictions
12. add rss feed related to lens
13. add flickr photos
14. Use the big arrow module to make a link stand out
15. feature an important sentence in a talk bubble
16. check amazon modules to make sure products are still available
17. check that videos are still available
18. make intro photo minimum 250x250
19. make sure all photos that are not my own are properly attributed
20. place an add on such as the flag counter
21. Put a related graphic from zazzle in the guest book module
22. add the follow me on pinterest button
23. change all featured lenses modules over using squidtools instead
24. add a sticky note
25. check to make sure the topics are correct
26. check tags
As you can see, I have a lot to choose from, enabling me to do little updates here and there to keep the ranking up a bit along the way. I am finding this so much more fun than sitting for hours updating just one lens.
Now it's your turn! Comment below if you have any other update ideas to add to my list. Link up any blog posts you have about squidoo----or link up 1 or 2 of your lenses. Thanks!!