Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grocery Shopping 5/1/10

I was given $30 to spend at the store.  We were going to get taco fixings for supper and soda.
I hurried and looking around at pinchingpennies.com at what was on sale and threw together some coupons.

It wasn't a spectacular trip, but it seems forever since I've done grocery shopping with many coupons, with the exception of my Walgreens shopping, but that's not generally food.

You can see all that I bought in the photo below.

Here are the highlights:
2 packages of flour tortilla's on sale for $2 each (reg price $3.25)
2 dozen eggs on sale for $.98 (reg prize $1.32)
1 - 20 oz Sprite and 3- 20 oz Coke--I used my 4 free coupons from mycokerewards.
2-Fast Fixins Chicken Nuggets on sale for $1 each and I used 2 $1 coupons  (regular price $2.19 each)
2 Mentos gum on sale for $1, used 2- .55 coupons (doubled to $1) (reg price $1.49)
2- Country Crock on sale for $1, used 1- .30 coupon and 1- .40 coupon (doubled to .60 and .80)  (reg price $1.58)
Pam cooking spray on sale for $2.50, used .35 coupon (doubled to .70) (regular price $3.39) (sale and coupon made it cheaper than the store brand)

I overspent the $30 by $6.75 so good thing I had some money in my paypal.
In total I used $12.46 in coupons and including sale prices I saved 41%.


1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky your store doubles coupons. Back in NJ this was one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...