Wednesday, April 18, 2018

WIP Wednesday -- Playing Catch Up

When my laptop went down, so did my sewing and quilting for the most part.  I missed the past 2 Wednesday's doing a WIP post.  There was about 10 days in there that I did no sewing at all, which made me sad.

I have lots of things to show that have been worked on since my last post, so here goes:

I worked more on the pin cushions, just have to sew them shut and add the buttons to finish these.


I'm still working on the plarn bedroll.  This is such a long process, but eventually it will be to the 6 foot long measurement.


You can't see what's inside my cat bag (with one of our cats behind it), but it's my string quilt UFO, packed and ready to be worked on during the upcoming retreat at the end of this month.  I intend for this to be my sole project at the retreat, and hopefully I can stick to that to actually make good progress on it.


The Arkansas Crossroads is designated my Sit n' Sew project each month.  I have row 6 together and I'm inching my way towards getting all of the blocks done.  Maybe row 7 complete next month?



I bought a scrap bag of flannel at the Mennonite Relief Sale, so I got out some other flannel I had come across and cut more squares for rag quilts.  I so wanted to get my sewing machine out and get to work on these right away after cutting, but didn't get to.  Maybe this week I can?  The flannel strips in the picture will be added to my stash when I get to start a flannel toothbrush rug.


And, speaking of toothbrush rugs, I finally got out the one I had started some time back.  I've been adding strips to the project box as I've cut for other projects and thought it was about time to get it out, organize the strips and get back to work on it.


Last, but not least on my list to share this week is my Sodoku quilt project.  I messed up and am short one black and white fat quarter of having the 9.  I had thought I would use the plain black as the 9th since I had a plain yellow, but then thought better of it once I got home.  I don't think that would be a good choice to use the same as what the sashing and borders will be.  However, once I get that last fat quarter, I can start assembling the blocks.



I'm linking up with the following blogs.  I can't wait to go and see what others are doing, hope you will too.

WIPs on Wednesdays

Jo's Country Junction:  http://www.joscountryjunction.com/





KatieMae Quilts for BOM weekly linky.  https://www.katiemaequilts.com/blog/






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...