Friday, January 5, 2018

Frugal Friday With Marsha -- Into the New Year


Welcome to 2018!

It's that time again to think about my goals.  Basically they are the same every year.  Every year I start out fairly strong with them, then I fizzle out.  I'm sure this is the case with most people, which is why so many now say they don't make any New Year's "Resolutions".

Last year one of my goals was a 365 goal.  The goal to get money or gift cards in 365 times.  I actually didn't come too short of my goal, only by about 21 days.  However, I did have to start adding in found money, even that penny on the ground, to come that close.
I am trying for that same goal again.

I have tons of figuring to do yet on what I got from where, and then figure out what I paid for website upgrades etc.   I will be posting about my earning for the year over the next several weeks. 

I do know that my biggest online earner is no surprise at all to any of you.  It was Swagbucks, which earnings of $1,015.00 for the year.

Join Swagbucks!
You Can Get Free Gift Cards For Shopping, Searching and Discovering What's Online at Swagbucks.com


I'm standing good on my great start for gifts for this year too.  I've continued to crochet the headbands.  I'm almost done with Amelia's jingle bell blocks for her birthday coming up in 9 days.
I got in the BBQ Utensil set from Amazon that I ordered through Snagshout.   It's a nice set.
I used some of my Recyclebank points to order Preserve Re-Usable Utensil set.  It's not come in yet.  Once it does I will decided if it's something I can order more of for my gift stash.

Another of my goals is to declutter and organize this house.  2018 needs to be the year!! 
I dug out a couple of lists I've started in the past.  I say started because I have tried one of them twice--one time not getting past day 2 and another time I got to day 9.   This is the list I am actually starting with.  It's How to Clean Your House in 20 Minutes a Day for 30 Days.  You can find the article HERE is you would like to check it out for yourself.
Day one was today for me.  It really is surprising just what you can get done in 20 minutes, especially when that is just what you are focusing on.

Apps---so many apps that I "let slide" again throughout the year.  One of those was ShopKick.  I rarely messed with it at all.  At one point in the year my oldest daughter asked me about it.  I opened it and did the discover books for points.  The past couple of months I've been remembering to at least get the walk in points when I've been to Wal-Mart.
I had always gotten Target gift cards from ShopKick.  With the announcement that our Target will close it's doors on February 3rd, I went in and got the final few points I needed to cash in for a $5 Target card.   My intention was to get $5 off of cat food, but when I walked into the store, it's half empty and there was NO cat food left.
I ended up heading to the Christmas clearance aisle and getting a few items for 70 and 90% off.
Adding these items to my gift stash (except the Lindt chocolates, which are being adding to my stomach).



As I said, other apps that I just let slide and didn't do.  Doing so took away a lot of earnings for me.  Over the next several weeks I will also be writing about different apps.  Perhaps when I redeem would be a good time to write about them.

I've gotten too wordy again in this post, so will leave you with a few goodies to check out. 

Free Eggs & Bread at Walmart

Free Larabar at Kroger & Affiliates

30 Free Recyclebank Points

Win a $1000 Yankee Candle Shopping Spree







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...