Wednesday, October 29, 2014

WIP Wednesday 10/29/14

I've still stayed busy with my sewing and that's a good thing.  I did finish up the 40 hotpads.
I have my quilt retreat paid for, which is Nov. 8 and 9.  I can't wait to have hours and hours of just sewing time!

I took a workshop taught by David Duwe on the fractured pineapple block this past Monday at our quilt guild.  I finally get paper piecing!!

Here is my first block.  I look forward to making more of them.  In fact, I'm going to see how many I can make with the scraps I pulled from my drawers for the workshop.






Here are the brown, black and gray hexagon flowers that I was able to finish for the month with the scrap challenge from the soscrappy blog (see button at the bottom of my post).  I also did lots of individual hexagons as well.



I got the rest of my 2 and a quarter inch squares organized in to my 2 pizza boxes.  I kept out quite a stack to just go ahead and sew together, then also realized that I forgot to put some of the piles into my boxes.   I got a start on sewing those together as you see in the top row.  The bottom row are the ones that still need to be sewn together.   These will all eventually be 4 patches and then doll blankets and pillows.



I've added a couple more things to my UFO list and moved one more thing to my done list for this year.   I'm going to go ahead and include all 3 of my lists.  The NewFO's are things that I do have in project bags but haven't started past that point.

UFO's:

Rectangle quilt
challenge wall hanging
GoodNight Irene quilt/wall hanging
Yo-Yo Table runner
Emerald Island Fusique table runner
Five and Dime quilt
Fractured Pineapple quilt
Christmas bags (total of at least 25) (9 done)
Charming Stars quilt
Brown half square triangle quilt
? sets of doll blanket, pillows and rug
Hexagon flower table runner

NewFO's
Spiderweb quilt
Easter wall hanging
Cat wall hanging
Braid table runner
Sunflower pillow
Christmas wall hanging
Chevron quilt
40 Hot Pads

2014 Finishes:
Log Cabin quilt
Log Cabin wall hanging
Log cabin table runner
2 rectangle table runners
Quilt for sewing club at church
Applique Bunnies quilt
Penny Patch Quilt
Spoolin' Around
Hexagon table topper
Sunflower table runner and matching placemats
9 Trick-or-Treat bags

I am linking up with the following blogs:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWIPs on Wednesdays
Soscrppy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...