Saturday, February 1, 2014

My First Quilt Along (QAL)

I am happy to be taking part in the 2014 Online Quilt Show, hosted by Hobbies On A Budget.

I was finally able to take part in my first QAL. (Quilt Along).
It was hosted by Stitched in Color.   I happened across it while going through the WIP Wednesday posts of others one week.  One blog that I hopped over to talked about her and her daughter taking part in the QAL.  I clicked over and to my delight it wasn't too late to join in.

You can click HERE if you would like to know more about the QAL, even though it is completed now.

I started to learn how to quilt several years ago, but still consider myself to be in the beginner's stage.....maybe heading in to intermediate since I am learning more and more all of the time.

This is my first quilt completed in 2014!!  It was to be done before Christmas, but I didn't make that deadline.  I'm glad that others didn't either :)

Here is a picture of the completed quilt:
Here is a close-up.  This is the first time I have attempted to machine quilt anything this large.  (It's called lap size but seems a lot larger to me).  Prior to this one I've only machine quilted a baby quilt.
I did a simple straight line, and should have done more than I did, but I am happy with it.

This photo shows the backing I used (a thicker bed sheet) and the binding.  I was fortunate that I had this blue binding already made up and it was the perfect size for this Penny Patch.




I had so much fun making this quilt!   I like the design too.

I am now taking part in a sew along with Terry's Treasures and a UFO and NewFo challenge with Joanie's Trendy Quilts.   You will find buttons for both of these to the right if you are interested. Both buttons are clickable and will take you to their blogs for more information.

Click along with this year's 2014 Online Quilt Show below.  Every blog taking part has this list at the bottom so you can go from one to the next until you have seen all of the quilts.  Have fun!







1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt. I love the striped material you used fr the backing - It gives it such character. Thanks for adding it to the Online Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...