Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday--Will The Projects Ever Be Complete?

My intent over this next week is to complete all of the cross magnets that I have magnet strips for, and to fill in all the squares for my baby blocks.  I want these done so I can use up the growing amount of yarn in this bag next to me for making the granny squares.

Monday I experienced my first work day at Quilt Guild.  We are making walker bags to be given to a cancer group.  They are going to auction off the bags to raise money for patients.  In the first photo is a group of some of the women working.  The second photo is what I have accomplished so far.  I brought home materials to make 4 of the bags.  So far I only have the first 2 steps done, so if nothing else I will do those steps  on all 4 bags then get instructions in person on how to move on.  Reminding me of high school sewing class days....asking step by step for instructions on following a sewing pattern!
Oh gosh...I only made it in to my craft room to sew twice in the last week.  Neither time was for very long.  I really wanted to have this quilt done before the end of the month...can I do it?
 I am in the process of finishing up what will be my last set of hot pads and matching coasters....for now.  I do want to use up more of the yarn already out of my stash for the granny squares.
 We met again for sewing club at church.  I'm having a lot of fun with the every week instead of just once a month.  We even had someone new join us, and hopefully she will continue to come...as well as a couple others.  We are meeting again next week as we work on finishing up quilts already started.  I had my daughter take a picture of us all working to tie this quilt top. (If you are wondering about the beds and things in the background, we host a bike hostel in our church)
 Here is my progress on the toothbrush rug.  It's not going to end up near the size I had hoped for, but I should have it finished before my post here next week.  I am going to probably not start my next one until I get some other projects done.
 Last but not least---day 32 of the Granny Square a Day 2012 challenge.  I almost have 2 rows done now!  I'm excited as each day it gets a little larger.  It's laying across our king size bed.
 

Hopefully I will have some progress on the scrappy quilt next week as well.  In the meantime, I am hooking up with the following blogs:
  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you have so much going to give to help others and such beautiful projects for you! Well done on being so involved in your community and building relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the GAD update Marsha - they all look FAB! It's amazing how quickly they grow once joined together. I love your rug too! What did you use for the Yarn??? I want to make something similar for my house. I was going to cut up a bed sheet and use a MASSIVE hook! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...